Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Introductions...

The first week of the new year of 2014 seems like a good time to create a new blog about handyman projects...some old ones, some new ones, and some that are only ideas. This blog isn't meant to be a sales tool for a service, although you may see ads for services and products on it.

Some will recognize me from my working days of running AR Handyman Services in the Sharp County, Arkansas area, including Hardy, Ash Flat, Highland and Cherokee Village (where I live)...but I am now retired from that due to back problems. So this blog will only review some of my past projects, and provide thoughts on ways that you might be able to solve some problems on your own...and if you can't, maybe I can make some recommendations for you as far as whom to call.

In turn, I hope that when you do see something you like, that you would use my links to search out the products and services that you can use, so that I make a little bit back for my efforts. Don't worry, the vendors pay for any commissions, and that isn't added to what you pay. It's just a part of doing business, just like advertising. Heck, sometimes I make a few cents just from your clicking on a link, without you even buying anything. Isn't technology and modern sales methods wonderful?!

If the blog looks a little empty right now, it won't for long. I will be pulling from some of my past pages from my old ARHS site to get it started, and then I'll be adding more pictures and articles as the topics come up. If you don't see what you are looking for within the articles, simply leave a comment below with your question. I monitor all comments and will see it before it gets published, just in case it might be something you don't want shared with the general public.

If the topic interests you, or you just want to follow along with new posts, there will be several ways to do that...by becoming a follower through the Google+ program, with a normal email subscription, or with an RSS feed for the higher tech types. If you like what you see, you can even pass it along to your friends and/or social media pages through buttons for those services.

Some might ask why I am using a free blog, rather than a private domain name. Why not? I'm not selling anything, and Blogger(dot com) makes it so easy a child can do it, with no ongoing maintenance issues or costs involved. A blog is first and foremost a communication tool, not a sales tool, and that's what we're about...communication and information. Anything else is just a bi-product and a bonus.

If I think you might be about to attempt something you shouldn't, I'll be the first one to tell you "don't try this at home". Let's face it, some people are downright dangerous with a screwdriver in their hand, especially if it's pointed the wrong direction, and those kinds are far better off to call in a professional to do their job.

But if you absolutely insist on doing it yourself, I'll try to help you, so you get it done right. After all, I've only been building things for the last 40+ years, and have built houses from the ground up and serviced just about everything in them at one time or another. And as a master electrician and robotics technician, I've also worked on some higher tech things, too, like space shuttle parts. For awhile, when union work was slow I even managed a couple of large luxury apartment complexes, too, for about seven years, and trained the personnel in how to make all kinds of repairs to them, from a 30-foot deep lift station to the top of three story roofs. So whatever you have going on, you might say I've probably "been there, done that", and now I can lead the way for you, and for free.

If you don't know how to do something, the best thing you can do for yourself is to admit you don't know how, and either find out how before you even start, or just hire someone else to do the job for you. A botched job is often worse than not doing it at all.

So, if you are a first time visitor, I hope you see something of value to you here. Relax, sit a spell, grab some of your favorite beverage, and take a good look around. We're not here to sell you anything, and it's entirely up to you if you decide to click on a link or check out anything else. I might make some suggestions now and then for unusual or hard to find products that I think are useful to the majority of people, but again, it's all up to you. If I can answer any questions for you, please ask away. I'm normally here every day, or if not, I do check in quite often, so I can get back to you in short order.

Y'all come back now, ya hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment